I just posted about the Loft Fourth Bedroom Conversion w/ Pocket Doors. So I figured I’d give a quick update on our general plans for the upstairs….
Here’s the general plan (numbers are in random order):
- Hire an electrician to move the wire blocking the linen closet: I’ll make a post about the actual linen closet. Long story short, we knocked down some drywall and gave up a little space in our master bedroom to have an actual linen closet.
- Frame out door to future linen closet (forgot to add: add shelving, and add door to linen closet)
- Finish drywalling the inside and outside of the linen closet
- Rip up carpet and install hardwood
- Replace all tan doors
- Trim out all doors
- Paint (everything): Ceiling will be white, walls will likely be Behr Manhattan Mist in eggshell, trim will be white
- Light Fixtures: Replace them; if anybody has any suggestions we’d love to see them. We’re wanting fixtures that give off a lot of light, and we’re leaning towards flush mount lighting, but are open.
- Finish window bench: again this will be a separate post, but we’ve built a window bench at the end of the hallway. It’s done, just needs paint and trim. JG wants to paint it a color.. I’d like to just keep it white… I suggested painting it gray, and he said gray didn’t count as a color (true). I’m just not sure what color to go with, maybe blue?
- Trim out Window
- Add trim to Bi-fold doors: I’ve been seeing a lot of people in blogland adding trim onto their flat hollow core doors. I’m thinking about something along the lines of THESE DOORS for our current bi-fold doors.
- Trim out attic access: It currently has shredded drywall hanging off it. In general it’s in pretty sad shape.
Here’s a view from the window bench: